I’ve not been well of late, but every now and then a photo surfaces that demands no matter what, i must remove my thermometer, drag myself up, and post it. I believe this came from Miss Sara, so a deep curtsy goes to her.

21 Responses to “THUD!!:”

1. Lizzie says:

I love this one, wow! Look a that gorgeous hair… those eyes… I don’t think I’ve ever seen him wearing those sunglasses either. Thanks both Tam & Sara!

2. JD says:

Indeed, those shades are different to the ones he wore for the Paperback Writer/Rain promos which I think would have been filmed around the same time line as this photo…There is a more familiar “frame” from this photo session but without the cool shades. Great pic..!!

3. Kwai Chang says:

ALL RIO!!!
    (Lizzie is overheating…FLASH)

4. JD says:

I can’t be certain, but this pic may well have been taken at the “trunk” photo session for the ‘Yesterday & Today’ cover. Over to you, A Car…

5. jim says:

Brian Wilson, Jr.

6. Nick Detaranto says:

All I know is that I am stealing it! Thank you, thank you & thanks!!! Love it!!

7. A Car And A Room And A Room And A Room says:

I have seen this photo session – can’t remember the photographer’s name at present. My notes say the session occurred in March-April 1966

8. A Car And A Room And A Room And A Room says:

There is another shot which I will try to locate – John looking side on at camera without the shades.

9. J.R. Clark says:

The Love Child of Brian Wilson and Mark Lindsay (of Paul Revere and the Raiders).

10. John can be seen wearing these at the NME Poll winners concert in 66.

11. Kwai Chang says:

That hair is the LONGEST from the era. It could easily post date the ‘trunk cover’ session…

12. Sara S. says:

I found this photo on ebay, so I can’t get all of the credit. But I just thought John looked to gorgeous for words!!! There is another photo of Paul, but it didn’t make me swoon like the John one.

13. MarkZapp says:

I have this photo as a CD picture disc with the center hole of the CD right in his head. There was a series of all four Beatles. It is the same barely audible interview with George, sometime in 1967 on all the discs. They are unauthorized. John and Paul are close ups and George and Ringo are mirrored images of each on their disc. The photos all appear to be the same era-1966. These came out around 25 years ago.

14. Kwai Chang says:

Thank you. Very cool links. Any idea of the date?
    (Was Freeman on tour with them?)
    I’d say post Y&T ‘TRUNK’ cover session…pre-Manila

15. Vitaliy says:

2Kwai Chang
    Yeah I think you are right, it’s from ‘TRUNK’ cover session period.

16. Lizzie says:

Hi Vitaliy, looking at the link you posted I just realized I had seen that photo before, and this one seems to be from the same photo session. It must have been hard to keep that very long hair off his eyes! He looks gorgeous, for sure.

17. GLCompany says:

Photo was taken by taken by Robert Whitaker, assumed to be beginning of June 1966, during the ‘Trunk’ session.

18. A Car And A Room And A Room And A Room says:

I’d say two months earlier

19. A Car And A Room And A Room And A Room says:

P.S. The ‘trunk’ photo session was done by May 20 1966 as Brian is looking at transparencies of it during the Chiswick House promo film shoot.