PAUL, JOHN AND MICK AT CAVENDISH AVENUE 1967:

Who is the guy with John, Paul and Mick?.

Tags: , , , ,

72 Responses to “PAUL, JOHN AND MICK AT CAVENDISH AVENUE 1967:”

1. Wibo says:

Wow, what a great photo! That guy looks like Jack Bruce (Cream)…

2. Brian says:

Jack of Bruce
    …and a bong on Paul’s head

3. Heloisa says:

Looks like Mike Mac to me… (Paul`s brother)

4. JD says:

I love this period of the Beatles – John just looks out there – almost other worldy. hard to believe he’s just 26 at this time.

Great pic !!!

5. Steve says:

could well be mike mcgear, but its not the Kenwood sunroom?

mick was quite a camp little thing wasn’t he?
    and John was kind of petite too, May Pang says he used to wear her jeans!

6. nick_L says:

definitely not Jack Bruce and if it’s Mike, it’s a very strange shot of him. I’m very curious now.

7. Kwai Chang says:

first time i’ve ever seen paul’s ownership of the alternate(unused) pepper drumskin. the unknown doesn’t look like either mike or jack

8. Craig says:

Looks like Tony Bramwell – ? not sure

9. PBoyd says:

he looks like one of the guys from Buffalo Springfield.. not sure

10. d- says:

Ha! That does look like a bong behind Paul. And by the look of John’s eyes, he just used it. ;)

11. betty says:

Looks like Tony Bramwell [friend and author of magical mystery tours bio]

12. PBoyd says:

or Small Faces?

13. ashwom says:

It’s not Mike McCartney (McGear).. Its none of the Small Faces, it’s not Tara Browne (a mutual Beatles / Stones friend) it doesn’t look like any of the Beatles original Liverpool pre-fame mates, it’s not Spencer Davis….

Its a Mystery. A Friend of Micks?

John Lennon was tiny! I recently tried to put on one of his peaked caps (see Liverpool Beatles Auction website) and it just sat on top of my head – much too small !

14. Steve says:

was gonna suggest Steve Marriot, god rest his sole
    or Andrew loog Oldham
    its an all English look anyway

15. Gartanius says:

I cant find my pics of the Monkees Headquarters sessions, but someone told my the mystery guy lookss like one of the sesion musicians used on Monkees Headquarters.

16. Lizzie says:

hi everyone. this is my friend stuart with john, paul and mick. we met outside cavendish avenue in 1967. he was going inside to interview john and he didn’t have a camera so i lent him mine. my film only had one frame left but i had an extra film (instamatic cartridge) which i gave him – or he went to st. john’s wood high street to get one, we’re not sure about that. he spent hours in there and when he came out he handed me the film saying he had taken a photo of john for me (absolutely fantastic, by the way). as typical teenagers, we didn’t exchange names or phone numbers. a couple of years ago a british friend was waiting to get into one of paul’s concerts (i think it was the roundhouse one) and this man was telling her this same story. she said she was good friends with the girl who lent him the camera. i called him in england the next day, and we’ve been friends ever since. we spent hours talking in london last october. we had our photo taken outside paul’s house holding the camera, with him wearing the jacket! i have this photo in color and another one he took. his full story, never before told, will be in my book. mystery solved!

17. Pete F. says:

Wow Lizzie, what a story!

Can’t wait to read your book, when will it be out?

18. anonymoustill says:

Killer story Lizzie. Thanks for sharing. I thought it was Jack Bruce.

19. PBoyd says:

great story, Lizzie. look forward to your book!

20. Lizzie says:

hi everyone, glad i could help with this one. my book will be out as soon as possible. i am reading the text in portuguese for the i don’t know what time now. i wish i wasn’t such a perfectionist… i’m driving my designer crazy… she wants to finish the book! since i am self-publishing, i don’t have a deadline. but i want it out as soon as possible. i have started translating it to english too.

21. Tammy says:

Well .. you win all prizes today Lizzie :-) i wasn’t expecting THAT story
    :-)

22. shelly says:

Lizzie, I adore you.
    I cannot wait to read your book!

23. ann says:

wonderful, lizzie! thank you

24. Since 1963 says:

Lizzie,
    Fantastic story. You are so much a part of Beatles history for me. The Internet is such a fantastic invention. How was I to even imagine that years after learning about you singing on Across the Universe I would be able to share this wonderful site (thanks Tammy!) with you and all other wonderful fans. It’s almost unreal.
    I am dying to read your book.

25. Lizzie says:

hi everybody! i forgot to say terry doran took the photo. thank you for all your kind comments: it’s a real pleasure to be a part of our worldwide “family” here on my dearest miss tammy’s blog! by the way, where did you find the photo, tammy?

26. Lizzie says:

i also have to say meeting stu was one of the highlights of my trip to england last october. he’s a great guy, we talked for some 5 hours, non-stop!

27. Tammy says:

Hi Lizzie, the photo was just on a random Tumblr Beatle site, i don’t think they know how rare it is, but my eyes popped when i saw it, i can’t remember what site it was tho.

28. Sophie says:

I met Stuart recently in the queue for one of Paul’s concerts. He had this photo with him at the time – amazing!

29. JAMES says:

I think you’ll find that the reason John looks so petite is due in part to his position to the camera and the fact he is sitting back when the others are sat forward, its an illusion of the camera les really though he was looking a bit thinner again…oh no!what have I said!

30. Pete F. says:

Take your time Lizzie, I’m sure it will be worth the wait.

Hopefully this photo will be in your book in glorious psychedelic colour :-)

31. Ishie says:

Lizzie & Miss Tammy …

The stories, photos and anecdotes that you share with this community of wonderful Beatle fans are treasures. They brighten up my day!

Thanks!

32. j0j0 says:

Great stuff, which can only be found on this great site. Thank you all for you contributions.

j0j0

33. j0j0 says:

Paul is contemplating the insertion of the bong super power cartridge as part of the days festive events. The direction were in very fine print. Everyone present felt a bit nervous never having experienced the bong super power cartridge before. The day turned out just fine as nobody caught on fire. The cartridge delivered.

j0j0

34. Ken Wood says:

Thanks for clearing up the mystery, Lizzie!
    Do you happen to know the date of the photo?

35. Amy says:

Hi, I just wanted to inform you that I am the owner of the ‘random tumblr site’ you found it on and I was aware of how rare it is. (http://cannedyams.tumblr.com/ – here is even the link to my original post for this picture: http://cannedyams.tumblr.com/post/6531846897)

Which was why I was greatly upset when I saw it reposted by several other tumblrs just moments after I posted it, and then here, without even so much as credit. I understand the picture doesn’t belong to me but I do know it’s a rarity and it would have been nice to just leave my url underneath the picture or something because I took the time to find it. I really adore this website so I think you can understand how upset I am that I am completely dismissed and not even crediting for finding such a good picture.

36. Lizzie says:

ken, stuart and i have been trying to figure it out. it’s somewhere in march of 1967.

37. Lizzie says:

that’s ok, tammy. god knows how it got there, as i’ve been saving it “under 7 keys”, as we say here in brazil. i’m not familiar with this tumblr thing. will have to investigate! yes, i do have the photo in color. and i don’t remember john being petite as one of you mentioned.

38. Tammy says:

Hi, no need to get in a tizz Amy :-) there are ‘so’ many sites i just couldn’t remember where i saw this, tis’ true i rarely credit sites where i get photo’s, A) because i’ve usually forgotten, and B) It seems a lost cause because of the shere number of places sharing photo’s, and trying to keep track of them would leave no time for posting, or mostly what i do, repairing and correcting every photo i post , i just accept it now that pic sharing on the net happens, if i chased a credit for every single one of my personal photo’s i’ve taken, scanned, or purchased at auction that has shown up on sites again there would be no time for posting, repair work. What ‘Does’ give me the irrits is seeing some sites just taking a screen dump of our sites and reposting the whole page(s), ‘that’s’ a little rude. So, consider yourself credited Amy, you weren’t dismissed, as you said, within seconds it turned up on several other sites, so it’s always had to know the original source, and believe me when i say your’s is not a ‘Random tumblr site’, it’s one of the best, i guess we just have to accept that it’s hard to control the flow of photo’s xoxo

39. Tammy says:

Mmmmmmmm, suuuuuuuper bongggggggggggg.

40. Lizzie says:

hi amy, you’re younger than my granddaughter (she’s 18), and it’s great to see someone so young being interested in the beatles. as i said earlier, i am new to this tumblr thing and don’t really know what it is. i guess if i look through your page i will probably find at least one of the photos i took posted in there. i have never posted any myself, as i am saving them (100+) for my book, but a few of them have appeared online and there’s nothing i can do about it. if i see one, i just let people know that i took it. i don’t understand your need to be credited when you didn’t take the photo – you just found it online like the rest of us who like to “hunt” for good beatle pix. i store all the ones i find in my picasa page, and i’ve left it open so people can see them and take them. but that’s just me, a 60-year-old grandmother! be well, you all – i have to finish cleaning the apartment. here’s to the glamorous life!

41. Cara says:

Lizzie, your book is going to be a huge hit… you are so classy!

42. Lizzie says:

thank you cara – it’s very nice to get up and read your words. i’m working on my book all day today until 4:00pm and all day long tomorrow. i wish we had a chat thing on this blog because as i am reading i often feel like telling you guys something funny. yesterday i read that john had come in with a green scarf on his head and i remembered the photo from 1969 (i didn’t take it).

43. Since 1963 says:

Lizzie, you big tease!!!

44. My name's Betty says:

No Happy 69th Paulie? And no one seems to have realized Mary just announced shes got a bun in the oven. Congrats Paul.

45. Lizzie says:

hi since! i have to keep some stuff for my book, if i tell everything no one’s going to read it! my name’s betty – i thought of writing something about both subjects, but my posts are always so long, i’m afraid to be overdoing my act! anyway: happy belated birthday, paulie, and congrats to mary & husband.

46. shelly says:

Amy, I’m sorry but Tammy did credit properly. Unless you own the url, or you took the photo, it is not required to be credited. Tammy has no ads, does not charge a subscription fee, (meaning Tammy does not profit from your work) and does not claim to have copy-write on the photos. The only thing you can do is watermark, which may get you in trouble with the source from which the picture came, as you do not own the photos or tumbler. Tumbler has this information spelled out in their TOS agreement that you and everyone agreed to when you signed up. Facebook, myspace and other share sites have the same agreement. So when you post a photo on tumbler, tumbler should be credited because you gave them your photo when you posted it.
    What you can do is make your page private and aprove who views it. The Internet is the wild west for privacy. This is why I do not have a facebook, or any other social sharing type site.

47. stephanie says:

For those blog readers unfamiliar with Lizzie Bravo’s claim to fame, have a look at this video from 2010:

48. Ken Wood says:

Lizzie, some thoughts regarding the date.

First of all: Paul still has his mustache, so it`s gotta be prior May 5th.

The photo session for the cover was on March 30 – the event the drum heads were designed for. So it was made some time prior to this date.

Tricky: One photo from this session shows this alternate drumhead, HOWEVER this photo might have been faked. IF it was there during the session Paul probably only took it home after the session.
    (Yeah, they still could have decided to not use it, it ended up with Paul but then Paul took it with him to the session just in case – but let`s just say this is a bit unlikely).

So my best guess is: if it was March then it must have been March 31.

49. Mark says:

I definitely would have went for Tony Bramwell myself. Way to go Beatle girl!

50. Chris says:

Great photo and great thread.
    People say John was petite. I always thought he was 5 feet 11 inches. I am that tall. I think he must have been smaller. But he was very thin after 1966. After Bob Dylan walked by me it occurred to me: all these great musicians stand about the same height. None of them are tall!